Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Settling In

It is still hard to believe that we left our home in Texas a little over one month ago. It feels like a whirlwind of a journey, and in many ways, it has been a whirlwind. The first week we were in our new home state, we lived out of a hotel room. At the end of the week, we got to move in! Good news; sure it was, but it came at the cost of four flights of stairs for each load and sore muscles. However to have the view we have on a daily basis, the pain is worth it.

In many ways, I still feel like I am living in a dream. I suppose I will feel that way until I start working full-time. I love the fact that both Andrew and I love everything about living here (except the stairs)!


The reason things have been such a whirlwind is we have had a constant back and forth motion. Our first week was a whirlwind of moving with the help of Drew's mom & sister for which I am very grateful. Not sure how we would have faired without their help. Two days after Wendy & Rachel left, I flew out to visit my family in Indiana for a week (week 2 of living in Washington). It was great to visit my family and spend quality time with them. I just felt like I had unfinished business in getting settled here.


Week three of living in Washington, my mom came out to help me settle in. Her help has helped to make things more of a home here. We still have a lot to unpack though. However, this week also consisted of quite a few back and forth trips to Seattle for interviews. Last week (week four), saw another interview in Seattle, my mom leaving to go back home, and meeting up with friends from Texas that were up here for business.


This week has already consisted of one interview and another one scheduled for tomorrow. I must say that I will be grateful to have a job just so I have a consistent schedule. I am trying not to be discouraged that I don't have a job yet, but it's difficult. I know that the Lord has a specific place in mind for me in which I can grow and affect those around me.


As for Andrew's job, he absolutely loves it. His boss is very flexible and has told Drew that he can work around the traffic schedule. Which means that his commute is only about 20 minutes because there is no traffic when he goes to work and comes home. He usually works from 6:30-2:30. This also gives him more time in the evening to spend with me. He also really enjoys working with his boss. He is doing what he has wanted to do....design work. I am so happy to see him happy with what he does. 


We are enjoying the opportunities to explore our new neighborhood and find where we would like to settle down to buy a house or land to build a house. I am excited to see where God places us next. Please keep praying for us as we continue with our transitions.

1 comment:

  1. We are Happy that you are loving where you live, it is beautiful country.

    xoxoxo
    Mom & Daddy

    ReplyDelete